This insurance provides participants with protection in the form of Sharia Insurance Coverage in the event of temporary disability due to illness / accident for a minimum of 30 consecutive days (in accordance with medical requirements that require hospitalisation and / or require at home care), whereby the BNI iB Hasanah Card bill the following month will only require a payment of the minimum monthly bill or Rp. 100.00 (whichever is greater). Calculation of temporary incapacity claims for transactions starts from the date of the temporary incapacity incident until the date of claim submission up to a maximum of 6 months or until the maximum compensation value that has been determined and the monthly premium is 0.39% of the outstanding balance.
However, if the Card Holder is sick for more than 180 days (in a row), the BNI iB Hasanah Card bill will be paid in the amount of the bill up to the start of the period of incapacity whereas if the card holder dies, the compensation payable equates to 200% of the total outstanding balance (100 % for the outstanding balance, 100% for heirs) up to a maximum of IDR 40 Million for Classic Cards, IDR 75 Million for Gold Cards or IDR 300 million for Platinum Cards.
If the cardholder who dies holds another BNI iB Hasanah Card that is not registered under the Sharia Shield Insurance, any additional compensation paid to the heirs will first be used first to repay any remaining BNI iB Hasanah Card bills.
Insurance coverage will be terminated unilaterally by BNI Syariah if you do not pay your BNI iB Hasanah Card bills for 3 consecutive months or you become over 65 years of age.
How to Claim:
If the participant dies or is subject to a permanent disability, the heirs can submit a claim through the 24-hour BNI Call Telephone Service at 1500046 or email@example.com email by submitting the following documents :
- Claim Letter.
- Police record of the incident (must be due to an accident).
- Photocopy of legalized Certificate from the Hospital / Doctor regarding the cause of death or the chronological certificate of death from the heir if the person died due to an illness or in hospital without receiving treatment from a doctor.
- Death Certificate from the local Kelurahan / Pamaja on behalf of the insured.
- Certificate from the local Indonesian Embassy (if the death occured outside the jurisdiction of the Republic of Indonesia).
- Medical Resume/ Medical Report of permanent disability from the Hospital / Doctor for the insured.
- Photocopy of bills for the last 2 months since the incident. Other documents as needed, namely:
- Photocopy of the Family Card.
- Photocopy of the ID card of the heirs.
- Photocopy of the Certificate of Heirs witnessed by the local Kelurahan / Pamaja and known by the Camat (by notaries if the descendants are Indonesian citizens).
- A photocopy of the transfer request letter from the heirs (if the claim is approved and there are additional benefits received by the heirs) containing the account number, bank name and branch (if the insured deceased held a Hasanah Card which is not registered with the Sharia Shield Insurance, then additional compensation that will be paid to the insured heirs will be first be used to pay off any remaining BNI iB Hasanah Card bills).
- Submission of claims related to an incident from the card holder / heirs of the cardholder must be received by BNI / BNI Syariah no later than 60 calendar days from the date of the incident.
If participants undergo hospitalization or temporary disability, the documents that must be completed at the time of submitting a claim are:
- Claim Letter.
- Police record of the incident if temporary incapacity is caused by a traffic accident.
- Medical Resume / Hospital Medical Report / Doctor report (using a claim form from the insurance company).
- Certificate of work incapacity.
- Photocopy of bills for the last 2 (two) months since the incident
- Submission of claims from the card holder / cardholder's heir must be received by BNI / BNI Syariah no later than 60 calendar days from the date the incident.