Good Corporate Governance
BNI Syariah continuously strives to implement the best practices of Good Corporate Governance (GCG) by complying with the applicable laws and regulations as well as making improvements and improvements to GCG management in a sustainable manner to realize the company's vision and mission.
GCG implementation in BNI Syariah refers to applicable laws and regulations such as:
- Sharia Banking Law No. 21 of 2008.
- Law No. 40 of 2007 concerning Limited Liability Companies.
- Bank Indonesia Regulation No. 11/33 / PBI / 2009 concerning Implementation of Good Corporate Governance for Sharia Commercial Banks and Sharia Business Units.
- Bank Indonesia Circular No. 12/13 / DPbS dated 30 April 2010 concerning Implementation of Good Corporate Governance for Sharia Commercial Banks and Sharia Business Units.
- Financial Services Authority Regulation No. 8 / POJK.03 / 2014, concerning Soundness Rating of Sharia Commercial Banks and Sharia Business Units.
- Financial Services Authority Circular Letter (SEOJK) Number 10 / SEOJK.03 / 2014 concerning Soundness Rating for Sharia Commercial Banks and Sharia Business Units.
- BUMN State Minister Regulation Number: PER-01 / MBU / 2011 concerning GCG Implementation in BUMN.
- In practice, BNI Syariah also keeps abreast of the latest developments and applicable GCG best practices, among others, General Guidelines for GCG by the National Committee on Governance, Indonesian Banking GCG Guidelines, ASEAN Corporate Governance and attention to ethics and best business practices.
Realizing sustainable growth requires a strong foundation for a company. For this reason, the implementation of GCG as the main framework of company growth must be applied consistently and continuously based on the principles of Transparency, Accountability, Responsibility, Professionalism, and Fairness, where the five basic principles GCG is in line with the Code of Ethics of Management based on Brotherhood (ukhuwah), Justice ('is), Kemashalatan (mashalah) and Balance (tawazun).
The application of GCG principles at BNI Syariah can be described as follows:
- Transparency : The company has initiatives in the disclosure of material and relevant information that is implied by legislation and other important information that can influence decision making by shareholders, creditors and other stakeholders. This information is delivered quickly, accurately, and is easily accessible to anyone. and to other parties as applicable legal provisions in a timely manner.
- Accountability : Management ensure the management of the company is carried out correctly, measurably and in accordance with the interests of the company while taking into account the interests of shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Responsibility : Bank ensures the management of the Bank's business in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations, the principles of sound Bank management, including Sharia principles. In addition, Bank Accountability also takes the form of concern for the environment and the surrounding community. The bank and its management always act with the principle of prudence, and hold fast
- Professional : Management and all individuals in the Bank are competent, able to act objectively, and free from influence / pressure from any (independent) party and have a high commitment to developing a Sharia Bank.
- Fairness : every decision taken always takes into account the interests of the majority shareholders and provides protection to minority shareholders and other stakeholders from engineering and transactions that are contrary to the applicable laws and regulations.
Basic GCG Policy
To improve the quality and coverage of sustainable GCG implementation, BNI Syariah has compiled and implemented operational policies for all work units in line with the principles of GCG which consist of:
- Pedoman Pelaksanaan GCG berdasarkan Surat Keputusan Bersama Direksi dan Dewan Komisaris No. KP/DIR/397, KP/10/DK/2010, tanggal 21 Desember 2010.
- The GCG Implementation Guidelines based on the Joint Decree of the Board of Directors and Board of Commissioners No. KP / DIR / 397, KP / 10 / DK / 2010, December 21, 2010.
- The latest updated Board of Commissioners and Directors Charter based on Directors Decree No. KP / DIR / 016, KP / DI / DK / 2013 dated 12 November 2013.
- Sharia Supervisory Board Work Rules of Conduct based on Decree of Sharia Supervisory Board No. BNISy / DPS / SK / XII / 2014/001, December 11, 2014.
- Internal Audit Charter based on Directors Decree No. KP / 002 / DIR / R dated June 2, 2014 concerning PT Bank BNI Syariah Internal Audit Charter.
- General Risk Management Policy based on Directors Decree No. KP / 005 / DIR / R, September 21, 2015.
- Code of Ethics for BNI Syariah Persons based on Directors Decree No. BNISy / DIR / 403, December 23, 2010.
- Policy on the Application of Anti Money Laundering and Prevention of Terrorism Funding (APU-PPT Application Program Policy) (will be completed with the letter number of the decision).
- Rules regarding the prohibition of receiving and / or giving gifts in the context of implementing GCG through Circular Board of Directors of BNI Syariah number SE / BNISy / DIR / 002 dated August 5, 2011.
- Anti-Fraud Strategy based on Directors Decree No. KP / 006 / DIR / R dated October 26, 2015. and various bank operational policies in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and company requirements.
The implementation of GCG principles at BNI Syariah is focused on 11 pillars, namely:
- Pelaksanaan tugas dan tanggung jawab Dewan Komisaris.
- Implementation of duties and responsibilities of the Board of Commissioners.
- Implementation of the duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors.
- Completeness and implementation of Committee duties. Implementation of the duties and responsibilities of the Sharia Supervisory Board.
- The implementation of sharia principles in the activities of raising funds and channeling funds and services. Handling conflicts of interest.
- Application of compliance function.
- Application of the internal audit function.
- Application of the external audit function.
- The Maximum Funding Limit (BMPD) and.
- Transparency of BUS financial and non financial conditions, reports on the implementation of Good Corporate Governance and internal reporting.
GCG Self Assesment and Report
BNI Syariah routinely conducts GCG self-assessments every semester and makes GCG Reports at the end of the financial year as required by the applicable Regulatory Body provisions.
The results of the self assessment and referred GCG Report can be downloaded below: